Wednesday, July 30, 2008

After Surgery Debriefing

After surgery the Surgeon told us that he had to leave the piece of skull out of her head. This was because her brain was so big (She really is a smart girl). He told us it could take 1-2 months before they would put it back in place. Shaynie she gets to wear a helmet! Just like you, she is going to be so happy. They also said they are going to keep her heavily sedated and paralyzed through the night. Tomorrow if all goes well tonight they are going to start reducing the Paralytic and Sedation drugs to let her start and try to wake up. Hopefully tomorrow night (just me hoping no estimation) I will get to see her pretty eyes open. She is doing very well pressure wise. Before they kicked liz out for the shift they checked it and it was at 6!
all of your prayers were heard and we are Very happy with the results of the surgery. Thank you all so much for your faith and your testimonies of Christ. I Love You All and am very appreciative. And I know Liz feels the same way.

Losta Love, Pace

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well. Wow, You guys are so strong! Kairi and your whole family will continue to be in our prayers!
Love, Artie & Angela Shaner family!

Anonymous said...

are prayers are with you
glad surgery went well
keep the faith

Anonymous said...

We are with you and love you all
You can never prepare for something like this

Marcus and McKenzie said...

YAY for single digits! WOO HOO! I wanna see her pretty little eyes open too. You will very soon big brother, very soon.

Rachel said...

Hi, I am a friend of Melinda's. She has been asking for us to pray for your sweet little girl. I just wanted you to know that there are so many people pulling for her and praying for her. The ICP numbers look very encouraging post surgery!! Kairi and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Linge Crew said...

Thanks for keeping the blog updated, I check it all the time. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. You couldn't be at a better hospital its awesome. Glad she's doing good and the surgery went well.
The Linge's

Dave West said...

Awesome news! The West kids are all saying prayers for Kairi. We'll be in SL on Saturday, and we hope to see both parents and kids smiling then.

Anonymous said...

The Gospel is TRUE!!! I have gotten so much strength from Liz and Pace they are AMAZING!!! Heavenly Father has made the way for Kairi to receive the very best care. Everything was in place for her to have the best recovery. I am Kairi's Kracker (Grandma) We are so looking forward to holding, snuggling, reading and caring for her. She is a very special child and we love her sooooo much. We love and appreciate all of you, for your love and prayers, they have gotten us all through this so far. Thank you all.

Love
Robin

Anonymous said...

Pace and Liz, I am so glad that the surgery went well. I have asked everyone that I know to include Kairi in their prayers. Our family will continue to pray for her and you to make it through. May Heavenly Father bless you and your family. We love you guys,
Melinda, Rod and Reid Merkley

Anonymous said...

Hi Pace and Liz:

We hope that all will go well and she will be running around again. Sadie is so worried about her cousin. We are praying for you.

The Cowley family

Anonymous said...

Your in my Prayers my heart goes out to you durning this time you are very strong family!

Anonymous said...

We have heard about your sweet little girl clear out her in TEXAS
we are Praying for family! Are hearts go out to You during this time.
Love the Smith Family

The Newitts said...

Im glad everything went well.