Thursday, July 31, 2008

CT Scan Coming up

My dad just came up from seeing her and said they are getting her ready to take her down to the scanner. I will let you know what we learn from it. Our Friend Bethany asked about taking off drugs ,I think they already started taking her off of her Paralytic drugs but I havent been down in a couple hours. They might not start until they get the scan done I cant Remember ill post what I hear after the scan on that. My Sister McKenzie asked about Re-Learning from Brain Loss, They said she might have to re-learn everything, She might not remember anyone, She might change what she likes what comforts her, She might be a totally different girl. But we don't know what the extent of the damage was until we get to see her awake and see how she reacts. We have been giving her blessings and Everyone feels and has lots of hope that she will return to her normal self again. We hope with all our hearts and know that through the lord anything is possible. We love you all so very much if you want to text me your questions, post them, or call please do. I will try to answer them as soon and acurately as I can. We love you all and can feel your support. It makes us feel so very very special to have so many friends. We never realized how lucky we were. And how important we are in everyone's lives. We Love you and Thank you.

-Pace (Liz would post more but I want her to be able to be with our daughter as much as she can)

10 comments:

lorraine N dale said...

Pace & Liz,
Just been thinking about you so much & praying & praying!
Thanks for doing the blog, I think it is probably a little bit of a therapeutic thing for you also! It is nice to keep updated on things & wonderful to feel of YOUR spirit & strong testimony! That helps everyone else's FAITH & testimonies & we see that YOU are doing the right things & relying on the LORD! Without HOPE & FAITH what do we have? Keep doing what you are doing & know that we are all still praying with you! We do love you ALL!
My sister-in-law sent me a great quote today, I wanted to share:
"The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trial. {Confucious}"
Hang-in-there during this time of trial........
We love you,
lorraine & dale tobler

The Martinsen Family said...

Pace and Liz,
We are here praying not only for Kairi but for you two and your family. Stay optimistic. Like you said, with the Lord, anything is possible. It is His will and not ours that will be done and He loves us and only wants us to know that. I am glad that everything is going so well and the pics look good. She is tough and if she is like Pace, she will not quit fighting (unless there is a video game) then she will fight more. We love you guys and are grateful for the blog and the updates. Hang in there and continue to pray. You guys are awesome and if you need a break, let us know and we can run up for a day or two.
Love ya lots,
Ben, Jenn and Taiz.

Kristy Wilkey said...

Liz & Pace-
I just wanted to tell you again that you are all in our prayers and thoughts every minute of the day! I also wanted to thank you for the posts that you are doing on the blog. It is hard to read how things are going but would be worse not knowing. You are both such wonderful people that you are willing to share Kairi and her experiences in such a trying time. Know that you are receiving love, prayers and hope from people that have never met you or Kairi but have been touched by your spirits anyhow. Please give Kairi our love!
Kristy, Jared, Shelby and Shaye

Natalie said...

Pace and Liz,
I just wanted to let you know that our thoughts and prayers are with Kairi and also with both of you. We love you all...
Natalie and Family

Katie said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. We know everything will work out.

Kirk and Katie Young

Kelly said...

Pace & Liz

I just wanted to share a quick story with you. my older brother is 40years old now. When he was 8 he had an accident and went into a coma. The portion of his brain that he was using to function completly shut down on him. the doctors were positive he would not live to his 9th Birthday. when he woke from his coma finally he was like a newborn baby, He did not know how to do anything. My parents had to help him retrain a whole new area of his brain to function. he had to learn to walk, go to the bathroom, eat, talk. He had to relearn everything. It is a very scary thing to think about losing your basic identity and function but he came through it. I just wanted to let you know that ALL things are possible, especially when Heavenly Father is on your side. I hope this little story gives you some comfort, to know that your little girl can relearn everything and have a normal childhood. Your precious little girl is in our thoughts and prayers. God Bless your family.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Pace & Liz
We want to thank you guys so much for keeping those of us who are far away up-to-date on Kairi's condition. We too have learned more than we ever wanted to know about hospitals with Lucas's problems. I just wanted to let you know that you guys have shown incredible strength and courage. The fact that you can even update this Blog so candidly is amazing. You never know how strong you are until you are put to the test. Your will and faith are amazing.

Anonymous said...

Liz and Pace

We are glad to hear that the surgery went well. We have been and will continue praying for you and your beautiful little Kairi. We think you guys are wonderful. I'm glad you have so much support from friends and family.

Love,
Melanie and Layne Maxfield

Anonymous said...

Dear Pace and Liz

I can just see Grandma Knight, Grandma Abbott and especially Grandpa Abbott up there comforting Kairi and holding her close.

I can see Grandma Knight with her finger wagging, telling Heavenly Father how to handle things. She and Grandpa Abbott are right in the middle of things Im sure.

I know that it is so easy to be discouraged, but dont let hopeless win. Keep strong and together.

I can see that you were raised by goodly parents who love the Lord and their family. You have good parents and I love you all.

Laurie Jones (Knight)

Anonymous said...

hey there the other abbott fam. Shaynie will think it is cool for Kairi to wear a helmet Too!!! We will have to BLING it. We miss you and can't wait to have see you all. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Love Ren, Chelsie, Shaynie & Daiken