I have no sense of time up here. But all through the night she stayed at a 14-15 range which, the 3 doctors they have that are assigned to her, said was great they were happy with anything under 20. The Neurosurgeon came in before i woke up and told them that he was Very happy with the way she did through the night. They are going to start taking her off her sedation meds slowly. Then when she is almost off they will put the ventilator in support mode and try to get her body to take over. After they are sure her lungs will be ok and breathe fine on thier own they will remove the tube. She will most likely be awake before this happens. I am trying to be very optimistic. I am hoping that maybe tonight she might start stirring around and hopefully tomorrow she will open her eyes. It will probably take longer because they drop her meds really slow. But it never hurt anyone to Hope.
I have been getting this question a lot from my new friends up here and you probably all want to know. What will loosing this part of her brain effect. First they did not take anything out that wasnt already Damaged. It was her frontal left lobe (her dominant side because she is/was right handed) and a little bit of the right. This part of the brain Controls your Personality, Problem Solving, Higher Math & Reading skills, A little bit of memory and a little bit of speech. Her right side will take over and run these processes for her now. She is a very lucky girl to have so many people who love her so much. I would especially like to thank those who do not know me or my family. I feel so blessed and loved to have so many people worry about my little girl all across the world.
Thank you all, And I Love You so much.
-Pace
12 comments:
Pace, Liz and Kairi,
We just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about all of you and continually praying for Kairi's recovery. We have very high hopes for Kairi's recovery. She is a very beautiful little girl with a very beautiful spirit. Hang in there and know that everyone is here to support you. Please know that we are here and if there is anything, at all, that we can do for you we are only a phone call and a few miles away.
Love Always,
Brian and Pam McLagan (Brittany's parents)
We are so happy that Kairi has progressed so well, we will continue to send out prayers for her and the family. We have high hopes that with her strength and God's grace she will open her eyes.
We love you all and wish we could be by your side during this time. Pace and Liz how strong your are, I am so proud of you for your strength, please know how much we love you and are with you even if we are many miles away. Pleae give Kairi a kiss from us.
god bless,
Aunt Becky and Travis and Grandma
I'm so happy to hear the surgery went so well. Now onto recovery... she will do great, she has come this far with her strong little spirit! We love you and continue to have you in our thoughts and prayers.
Stephanie Montoya
Glad to hear it went well. She's a tough little kid. And you're right, it never hurt anyone to have hope. :)
Brett, Nicole and Family
YAY...GO KAIRI! I just wanted to tell you both that I look up to you SO much! You have both been so strong and such wonderful parents to that beautiful little girl! I cant even imagine what I would do! I really do look up to you and wish that I could be as wonderful as you guys! Im still praying for all of you! We love you so much and are so excited to see her beautiful little eyes again! See you later tonight! Call me if you need anything!
Love always,
Brandon, Brittany, and Dylan :)
I am in Robin and Greg's ward and have seen you and your little Kairi often at church and I just wanted you all to know we are thinking of you and praying for your little girl. You are all so strong, I know that the lord is there helping you through this. We pray that she continues to progress and grow stronger.
Love
The Hickens
Yay! We love you guys so much. We are so happy that the surgery went well and that she had a good night. When she opens her beautiful eyes take a picture so we can see. Love you, Chad, Tabitha & all the kids :)
Hello....I am a member of Robin and Greg's ward and just wanted you to know that my PRAYERS are with you Liz and Pace that Kairi will make a full recovery! I know the power of prayer and how our Heavenley Fathers blesses is to be able to handle these very hard times. Again, please know that Kairi and her family are in my prayers.
Gail Ann Jacobsen
Maybe this is a dumb question, but will she have to re-learn all those things that are controlled by her part of the brain that was removed?
You are all in our thoughts and our prayers. We know Heavenly Father is watching over you all and that He is completely aware of each of you and especially little Kairi. I so admire your strength and faith which gives "hope". Hang in there :)
Jim & Kathy-Jo Percy
Hello Everyone!
Thank you SO much for all the updates on Kairi. I have received a million phone calls from very concerned ward members and friends.
This blog really helps everyone keep informed.
Please know there many, many, prayers being offered for your family. You are loved so much.
Sure hope this is one of the best days so far!
Love ya,
Gayla
Hello Everyone!
Thank you SO much for all the updates on Kairi. I have received a million phone calls from very concerned ward members and friends.
This blog really helps everyone keep informed.
Please know there many, many, prayers being offered for your family. You are loved so much.
Sure hope this is one of the best days so far!
Love ya,
Gayla
Post a Comment