So today Infectious Disease wanted a ct scan with contrast done to check to see if there was any infection in her brain. Well there wasn't any infection but they did find that she has a lot of fluid on her right side of her brain. So they are going in tomorrow morning and draining it. We have noticed that everyday since Saturday she has been sleepier and sleepier. This is because of the fluid. So hopefully when they get the fluid all drained out she will be more awake again.
Also tomorrow if her platelets are still down and is medically ok she will get the cereal casts, and she has an opthomalogist appointment.
We love you all! Thank you for you support and love you give us.
Love,
Liz
6 comments:
WELL WE HOPE THAT SHE WILL BE AWAKE MORE!!! SHE WAS SO CUTE WHEN I SAW HER!! HER YAWNING!!! I LOVE THAT LITTLE GIRL!!
LOVE YOU ALL!!!
I am sure this will help a ton! Glad they found it! Thanks for updating! :)
Hi my family, It is a rough road your traveling, but you are not traveling alone. Pace and Liz she is strong and with time and patients she will progress. Just hold her, love her and let God and Kairi take care of the rest. She has come so far in her recovery and is doing so well,this is just a small set back and after what she has over come already this should be a cake walk for her. Keep the faith and stay strong! Know we all are here for you and love you very much. Kairi is very lucky to have such loving parents, she is not the only blessing here, so are you. I am so proud of you both.
much love and prayer,
Aunt Becky
I know u get lots of questions and Im not sure if this is a dumb one to ask but have they talked about putting a shunt in her brain to keep the level of fluid correct mY little boy has a shunt to take fluide of his brain just wondering!
Love Sonia Smith
Wow Liz and Pace, I haven't been able to look at the blog since last week and I can't believe the progress that she has made over the weekend. You two are amazing! Kairi is amazing. What a little fighter! And Pace, thank you for your testimony. It actually brought tears to my eyes that someone would question your faith at a time like this. I love to read the updates on Kairi and see the pictures of her progress. Thank you for keeping the blog updated and inspiring us all and reminding us how important Faith is in our lives. Your famly is in our prayers.
Love, Melinda (Epps), Rod and little Reid Merkley
Hey Liz,
I just wanted to let you know again that our hearts and prayers are with you guys.
I would imagine that this time is frustrating with Kairi being awake yet not being the little girl you know her to be. But you have such faith, and so many prayers...and one strong little girl.
I was talking to my mom this evening. She lives in California but is in Alabama visiting family. The Alabama ward was having a testimony meeting and my mom got up. She told them all about Kairi and her amazing story. She asked them all to pray for your princess. People came up to her and told her they would. You have a whole random ward in Alabama thinking of you and praying in your behalf.
Post a Comment