Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

My little miss Kairi Elizabeth slept very well through the night. This morning about 6am she started shaking and things a little. But the nurse gave her more seizure medicine and she is doing really good right now. The Neuro team came in and evaluated her before we got there and told them they were thinking that she could be weaned off some more of her Sedation. She is making progress. Though it is going slow. I was having a hard time keeping faith yesterday. Then my new friend from the PICU, Ryan Pettit, came to me. He told me Keep the faith. Faith Performs miracles but they don't happen instantly. There will be Flat spots, highs, and lows. The lord is amazing I am very thankful for Ryan and his willingness to listen to the spirit and heed its guidance. I just want you all to know I am feeling better. My faith was restored last night. I prayed to my Heavenly Father, and in doing so was able to release the feelings I have been having. I miss my daughter soo much. I miss having her run to me when i get home from work and hugging me and giving me kisses. I miss having to get back out of the work truck when leaving for work just so she could have another kiss. I love her so much. I am forever grateful to her and for her sacrifice and willingness to make our families, and community stronger. I want to say a special thank you to my cousin Jeremy Farrar. Yesterday he came to visit and he had also shaved his head for my little girl. It warmed my heart so much to see the love in his eyes. And the great big smile on his face. Thank you. I Thank everyone else for all of your comments and prayers. They make us cry when we read them. They lift our spirits in trying moments. I am so very grateful to you all. I hope i can thank you all personally some day. My Little girl is very special. She is with our Heavenly Father and Jesus. Learning what the rest of her life has in store for her. She has a very strong spirit and an amazing will to live. She is going to make it through. She will make a full recovery. I know of these things because I have been testified of this by the spirit of the lord. I am sorry for letting my faith get shaky. Everything will be ok. I Miss her So. And I Cant wait to hug you all in thanks.

Love,
Pace

7 comments:

The Farrar's said...

I am so glad that she had a good night!! I hope that means you also had a good nigh!! We will continue to pray for her and you to remain strong!! With lots of love and prayers, Kristen & Jeremy

{dawn} said...

The Lord's love is with each of you everyday, at every moment. He is with Kairi, the veil must be so thin with your sweet baby! Hang in there, things will look up! You are very blessed (as you know) to have such a beautiful, strong princess. Hold eachother tight, we are all praying for YOU! We all know that Mommy and Daddy need the prayers too, just as much as Kairi :)

Always in our thoughts,
Dawn & Chuck

Me said...

I am happy to hear good news and that you are all staying strong. What an awesome family you have! Liz - Martha sends her love and prayers, and is having me keep her updated too. Pace - I know Ryan from when I was at Snow College (small world!) and have been keeping track of his little boy on their facebook page. I am glad that there are other parents for you to lean on,and I am sure it is always reciprocated.
Love to you all, Dustin and I are thinking about you guys all day everyday.

The Downs Family said...

I am so glad she is improving. I know she will recover and you will be able to hold, play and have fun with your little girl again! You guys are very strong and you will also make it through this tough challenge in your lives. These challenges are what strenghtens our faith and helps us grow in every aspect. Our Heavnenly Father loves you and is watching over you and your little Kairi. Keep strong. We are praying for you.

Love
Jake and Erin

Robyn Becker said...

I just wanted to let you both know that I check the blog multiple times a day and am keeping a prayer in my heart for all three of you. I've missed so many family reunions that I haven't had the opportunity of meeting Kairi yet, but I look forward to doing that someday...hopefully in the not-too-distant future. You are both so strong and your faith has increased mine. Miracles do happen, and I know that one is on its way for your family. You are truly blessed to have such a beautiful angel as a daughter, and I think you'll see even more of that angel in her when all is said and done. My love and prayers are with you!

Love the Elletts said...

Laren & Elaine:

My mom called to tell me about the situation you and your family are going through at this time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love,
Ron & Julie Ellett

lorraine N dale said...

Pace,
Your comments of having a hard time keeping faith yesterday touched my heart!
I love that you were blessed to have good friends & family & a loving Heavenly Father to help you through that!
I can feel that your heart is aching to see Kairi go through this & you want to see her beautiful eyes open! You are missing her!
It is understandable for you to get a little "down" ~ like you said yesterday also ~ you are on a roller-coaster ride with lots of ups & downs! Just hang on tight to your sweetheart, Liz, and to your family & friends and to your FAITH!
Your comments brought to my mind the wonderful book by President Spencer W Kimball, "Faith Precedes The Miracle!" In one part of that book President Kimball reminds us that "the witness & the miracle follow rather than precede the faith."
"In faith we plant the seed, and soon we see the miracle of the blossoming."
Ether 12:12,18 says "For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them...
And neither at any time hath any wrought miracles until after their faith...."
Kairi is so lucky to have you & Liz, she is so loved & has touched the lives of us all, even some of those who you don't even know!
I am still praying & praying for her & you all! Take comfort in all the LOVE being sent your way........
love, lorraine