Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday Therapy

Today in therapy Kairi worked on a puzzle and put a ball down a track. She also had her casts taken off for the last time. She got her leg splints today. She was having a hard time in therapy because her stomach is still hurting her pretty bad. She is still smiling sometimes but you can tell she is in pain. Even on her medicines. She is doing good and in a couple days she will be back to pain free and ready to go again. We also heard some very sad news today. There was a mom up here with a set of twins and one of them was in the PICU she also had a 2 year old son. Her 2 year old had died a couple of days ago from what the mom said was seizures. Today on the news they said he had received massive internal and spinal injuries. Basically either his mom or the guy with her beat him to death from what it sounds. It just makes me sick to think about it. He was a very cute little boy. He is in a better place now where people who watch him wont cause him pain. We are so very blessed to have people who love us like they do. That would do anything for us to make us feel better. We thank you all so much for your prayers. and doing your part to make it so she can have a full recovery. I know she will come back. While in church on Sunday in priesthood. There was a brother who told us about his experience and how he had broken his foot playing basketball. He received a blessing and he prayed and said i know you can make it better and I can play again. After trying to stand on it numerous times on the Sunday after the accident he would fall every time in excruciating pain. Each time he fell he told the lord I know you can make it better. After his Diligent efforts. And his Firm faith he played basketball three days later. On an ankle that had been broken. I know if we keep faithful and pray to the lord with sincere prayer. He will hear them and bless our daughter according to our faith and yours. We love you all so very much. We love you for your prayers and your deeds.

Love,
Pace, Liz, & Kairi

They are feeding her Pediasure w/ Fiber

Trying to get new videos but its not cooperating with me.

4 comments:

The Newitts said...

Thanks I was just wondering cause I know there are lots of diffrent formulas so if that ones bothers her tummy ask for diffrent options for her. If you need to know anything else about g tubes let me know Like I said i work with alot for people that have to use them and they can be hard to deal with. I would be glad to help you with anything in that department that I can.

Anonymous said...

One of the twins is still in the hospital? How sad that parents abuse small children. Terrible!

The Downs Family said...

It so good to hear how her therapy sessions are improving. Keep your chins up! You guys are doing great and so is your little angel!

JenniSue said...

You probably don't remember me, but I'm Marcus's sister Jenny (Marc, McKenzie's new hubby). I just had to comment on this blog, becuase last night I was at a bridal shower for my soon-to-be sister-in-law (on my husband's side). At that shower Elaine (the new sis-in-law) was talking about one of her sister's who takes in foster kids. She was talking about the newest arrival, a 6-month old baby whose 2-year old brother had just died, and who is a twin whose twin sibling is brain dead (they were guessing that it was from one of the parent's shaking the baby). Anyway, when I read your blog, I thought it was crazy that you are there in the hospital with this baby's family. Don't know why it struck me as being strange, but it just shows how small the world really is. Hope that things continue to move forward. Thanks for keeping everyone updated, even people you hardly know...we're all praying for you.