We were informed by the Neuro Surgery NP Sid that Kairi looks great and looks ready to have her bone flap put back in. She called the neuro surgeons and they said they are full tomorrow and that it will have to be next Wednesday. WHAT!? yeah they delayed it a week. They told us 10 days ago that they were hoping to put it in tomorrow but thier schedule is full. So I guess they only do bone flaps on Wednesday's? Oh well that just means she can hang out in her room and get some really good therapy in before they decided if they want to send her home. This will just increase her chance of making rehab team. so there are good and bad points but. We are only looking at the good. She is not going to be in any more pain for another week. And she gets to work with rehab a lot more before they do it. therefore increasing her chances of making Rehab Team. We love the nurses and staff here most of them are awesome.
Kairi is scheduled to go to rehab in the next 10 minutes or so. She is taking a nap right now. She has been doing awesome today and made lots and lots of progress. Liz got her to clap her two hands together by herself. Which is really awesome. She is discovering her right side more and more each day. Im hoping we get some good video of her in rehab and i will for sure try and get a good one of her smiling.
Thank you all for your love and concern.
We Love You!
Love,
Pace, Liz, & Kairi
2 comments:
I'll be clapping right along with her! Yeah, way to go!
Love,
Gayla
That is SO AWSOME about her getting better and stronger each day. It will be soo good for her to go home, but after you go home, I will miss seeing how she is progressing. You will have to keep the blog up until she is fully recovered and back to "normal".
I am so thankful for the power of prayer in large quanity. It sure makes life easier to handle. I am thankful too for her sweet little spirit and inspiration when I wanted to quit. She didn't give up, so I know that I need to keep trudging along too.
Love ya all.
Post a Comment