
Once again Kairi never seizes to amaze me. In PT she had a "sub" since Lisa and Lindsey are teaching a serial casting class. Donata had Kairi crawling and Kairi didn't scream!!! Neal was very impressed. Whenever the therapist would have Kairi crawl she would scream the entire time. But not today!! In speech we had a tea party with Kairi. It is going to be our routine now to have a tea party instead of them coming into Kairi's room we just go down the the speech room. Anyway on the menu today was pancakes, hash browns, and grated cheese. Normally we have to take a piece of the food and walk it up her arm and pretty much beg and plead for her to take a bite. But not today!! Kairi ate 5 bites of pancake, 2 bites of hash brown and 2 bites of grated cheese. And she even drank chocolate milk out of a little medicine cup. She has never done that before.
Kairi is doing so good. In music therapy she asked the lady what her name was. I was shocked.
She also said "Kracker, Pa, Kimmie" last night. And today she said "Shaynie and Nae Nae". It really just amazes me how quickly she is saying all these words.
Before the accident Kairi knew about 15 signs from watching Signing Time and from me teaching her some. Today in speech while we were waiting for the therapist to set up I asked Kairi if she wanted to eat and I did the sign, and she said "yeah". Then I asked her what it meant, I did the sign for eat and she said "eat". Then I did the sign for milk and asked Kairi what it meant and she said "milk".
Thank you all for your prayers and support.
Love,
Liz and Kairi
Kairi is doing so good. In music therapy she asked the lady what her name was. I was shocked.
She also said "Kracker, Pa, Kimmie" last night. And today she said "Shaynie and Nae Nae". It really just amazes me how quickly she is saying all these words.
Before the accident Kairi knew about 15 signs from watching Signing Time and from me teaching her some. Today in speech while we were waiting for the therapist to set up I asked Kairi if she wanted to eat and I did the sign, and she said "yeah". Then I asked her what it meant, I did the sign for eat and she said "eat". Then I did the sign for milk and asked Kairi what it meant and she said "milk".
Thank you all for your prayers and support.
Love,
Liz and Kairi
5 comments:
Oh, you make me cry everyday. It amazes me that Kairi is doing so well! I just want to give her a great big hug, and I don't even know her.
Liz and Kairi-
I am so happy to see that latest picture and to read your posts everyday. We have been hoping and praying that, if nothing else, Kairi would get back most of her memory. Not only has she done that but so much more! She really is a miracle child. Keep up the good work Kairi and get home soon. We would love to come and see you!
Love-
Kristy, Jared, Shelby and Shaye
Wow, she is doing so amazing! It is so great to see! And great that you'll be able to come home soon!
That really is amazing! Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys!
So glad to see her doing well. We think of you guys often.
Post a Comment