Kairi is back to full feeds!! She had therapy today and did great. And speech came. I told her about when Kairi put the bread in her mouth and asked if we could do meltable solids like those gerber puff things and she brought crackers. Kairi loved it. She took it right from the therapist and went to town. The first time she choked a little but I think that was because her mouth was way dry. Then she tasted pudding and applesauce. The therapist put a little bit of apple juice in a medicine cup and Kairi grabbed it and put it right to her mouth and drank it. And she did the same with water. I was so excited. Prayers really do work!! I have been praying for about a week that she will start tasting stuff and today she did AWESOME!!! I think tomorrow she is going to try some real food like mashed potatoes or pancakes!!!
And after therapy we went for a walk to get ice cream. Pace shared his cone with Kairi she loved it. On our way back to the room the Rehab resident stopped me and said that Kairi was accepted into full rehab services!!!! YAY!!!!! We are hoping that this weekend we can take her somewhere like the aquarium or something.
We love you all so much and thank you for all your prayers, love and support.
Love,
Liz, Pace & Kairi
5 comments:
That little Kairi she is just a trooper Im telling ya!! She Improves so much each day she is just a little blessing to all of us!
Love Sonia Smith,
I hope Kairi loves food as much as I do! When she really starts eating, she won't stop!
Things seem to be going well, yeah!
Love, Gayla
Hooray! I'm so glad that Kairi is eating. I am amazed at her progress so far. She is doing so well and it makes me smile. You guys are awesome. Hang in there.
Love,
The Maxfields
YAY! That's so exciting! We're glad she's finally trying real foods and doing well. We miss you three!
OH MY GOSHHHH!!!!!!
IM SO EXCITED TO TAKE HER TO THE ZOO!
Heehee!
YOu should listen to my ringtone!
its Kai Kai singing you anre my sunshine!
I started crying when i found it!
I love you guys!
See you next week!
YAY!!!
Love Bessie(Naenae!)
Heehee :D
Post a Comment