Monday, September 22, 2008

Walking Solo

So we went to lunch and were gone a little longer than we wanted to. We got back and Kairi was in therapies hangin out. She was done with OT and had about 15 minutes left of PT. She was hitting balls with a bat. We played catch with her for a little while. And I asked the physical Therapist what the requirements for her to go home were. She said basically if she could walk on her own then she could go home. She was standing in front of Lindsay the PT Student on her own. So I kneeled down about 5 feet away from her held my arms out and said Kairi come to daddy. She took five steps Without help. Everyone in the gym erupted it was really loud. Kairi started crying, Liz was crying the therapists had tears in their eyes and all I could do was smile. I knew she could do it. I know she is doing everyhing in her power to get better. She is an awesome example to me. And I love her so much.

No that doesn't mean she gets to come home. They said she has to be safe to go home. Which means she has to be able to control herself as in sitting up and being stable. Being able to walk safely. And be able to tell us when she needs, hurts, or anything like that. Lisa said I think she is going to end up going home sooner than any of us expect her to especially showing us how she did today.

When it comes down to it I am going to be so sad to leave this hospital. I love being here with our little family we have come to love.

I thank you all so much for your prayers and support. It makes a huge difference in her recovery.

Love,
Pace, Liz, & Kairi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is such an awesome kid. We had better hurry up if we are going to have the house done before she is ready to come home. You guys are the best parents she could have. We love you all. Keep Smiling, Working hard and everything else it is you do

GGA

Marcus n McKenzie said...

That's amazing! Good job Kairi! We will get to see all three of your smiling faces at home sooner that expected!!

Dave West said...

That is SO awesome!!! I am so thrilled. I got chills reading the story. The little princess was determined!!
Congratulations on the big milestone. You are awesome Kairi!

Anonymous said...

Made me get tears too to read this... thanks for the post. st

Anonymous said...

awesome job Kairi! You are doing a great job and will be home soon. you inspire all of us to do more.
Liz and Pace keep up your faith and all things are possible.
love
Aunt Merry

Fire -n- Ice said...

Congratulations! That is SO awesome! Give her a BIG hug from us!