Sunday, September 28, 2008

We had a blast!

Yesterday McKenzie & Marcus went to the Gateway with us. First we went to Build-A-Bear, then we went to lunch at Thairfoon, then we fed Kairi, next we went to Discovery Gateway, and lastly to the Planetarium.

At Build-A-Bear kairi made an elephant and named her Ellie the Elephant and we dressed her up as a witch. It is the cutest witch ever. Kairi had a lot of fun there, but I think she kind of got overwhelmed with all the people there.

At Thaifoon, Kairi did really good. She did a lot of people watching and she ate some rice and drank some lemonade.

At Discovery Gateway it was really fun. They had a room that was turned into a little town with a house, a construction site, a grocery store, a farm, gas station, water place, and a little park think. It was so cool. Kairi was starting to get tired so we quickly took her upstairs to see the Life Flight Helicopter. She woke right up and really liked playing in it. In fact when it was time to leave she didn't want to get out.

At the Planetarium, Pace wanted to show us the cool pendulum thing where it goes back and forth and because of the earth moving it knocks down these metal things. It said that the earth was moving at 737 mph.

On the way back Kairi fell asleep. She was so tired.

When we got back Pa, Nonnie and Aunt Gail were in Kairi's room waiting for us. They had bought YUMMY gyros. Then Kracker, Kimmie and Dylan got here and we ate our super yummy dinner.

This morning we got the hospital Kairi was sitting at the nurses desk with her table eating her breakfast. She ate the whole bowl of fruit loops and and egg. She did awesome.

We took Kairi to church and she took the sacrament and was being so silly. After church Kairi and I took a nap.

Pace, Kenzie & Marcus left to go back to Mesquite about 2 hours ago.

I am so grateful that Kairi is doing so good. She is such an amazing little girl. And I love her so much. I am so thankful for Pace and for the support that he gives me. He is an awesome dad.
We have grown closer because of this trial.

Love,
Liz & Kairi

4 comments:

nana said...

You certainly have been doing some fun things!
Can I come with you next time?
Certainly glad things are going so well.
Love,
Gayla

Anonymous said...

Kairi is doing so well! Im glad she is such a Mircle and I love watching her Progress Your family is so strong and Heavenly father has blessed your lifes!
Love Sonia Smith,

Anonymous said...

Hello Pace and Liz,
You probably don't know me, but my little grandson, Alexander, was in the PICU when little Kairi was brought in. My Oldest son Kirk, who is Alexander's father, knew someone at the academy, possibly an uncle or Kairi, who told him about her accident.
Our little Alex, received a heart transplant on July 11, 2008. He is doing extremely well.
I watched some of the videos of Kairi and I am amazed at how well she is doing and how far she has come.
I am so happy that things are going well for you.
Kairi and your family will be in my prayers.
Ann Stewart

Me said...

hey you guys! We drove through Mesquite yesterday and thought of you guys! We are all so happy that Kairi is a tough girl and that she is doing so well. I think it is also a testament of having two wonderful parents and a great supportive family. When you guys get back to Mesquite let me know, so I can come visit.