Friday, October 3, 2008

Finally we are back!

I got to the hospital at 9 this morning and left and 10 to go meet Pace, Laren & Elaine in Nephi. Well first I drove to Heber to pick up my dad so I wouldn't have to drive there alone. We did a little shopping and then we drove to Nephi. I was so glad to see Pace. I am pretty sure he was glad to see me too. We drove back to Heber to drop off my dad, stayed for maybe 15 minutes and then Pace and I drove back to the hospital. Kairi was sitting at the nurses station coloring and when she saw her Pace she started crying. They are now both cuddling on Kairi's bed.

We only have 4 days left until Kairi is discharged.

Tomorrow we are going to try to watch conference and between sessions we are going to look for a stroller. I can't remember if I already posted this or not but Kairi isn't being sent home with a wheelchair. Lisa said she doesn't need one. We could just use a stroller for long distances. She is sending home a walker though.

Sunday we are driving to Heber to watch conference with my family and then have family dinner at Nonnie's house. I hope this weekend goes good. It is supposed to snow above 7,000 ft. which is like Parley's Canyon and Park City, but if it does I don't think it will stick for very long.

Love,

Liz, Pace & Kairi

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so excited for you guys!
See you soon princess.

ShEiLa said...

I have been following your journey with Kairi ever since the accident. I am truly amazed at the progress (leaps & bounds) that your sweet daughter has made. I believe that is definitely the Lord's hand in her life.

When you think about it... a wheelchair is more bulky and less charming than a stroller. I think one of those umbrella strollers in pink is calling to Kairi.

Thank you for sharing your personal journey as a family. I admire your strength and courage.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLA (Moapa, NV)

{dawn} said...

How exciting! It will be here before you know it! Such an amazing girl, I will miss the updates, pictures, and feelings from the blog. I have loved this blog, and seeing her improve on a daily basis! But how fun to be back home!

~Dawn