Thursday, August 7, 2008

Breathing Tube Out!

We just came up from eating breakfast and they were pulling her breathing tube out. It is so nice to be able to see her face and her cute little lips again. We are so very thankful she is getting better. She is taking her time and making sure shes ready. The doctors and nurses here are awesome. We can't wait until she wakes up fully. Maybe today. Hopefully Tomorrow. Probably Saturday. We keeping our hopes up. Praying and keeping our faith that she will be herself again. We love you all Tons




Love,

Pace & Liz

29 comments:

Marcus and McKenzie said...

Aww! She is starting to look like my favorite little Kai Kai again! I cannot wait to see her. Sometimes I really don't like work! I miss you all so much.

Anonymous said...

She looks so good! Thanks for the new photo, I can really see that she is improving! Yay!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome news!! She is beautiful! Our thoughts remain with all of you.

Jessica Flynn

Melinda said...

She looks great!

Thanks again for all the updates!

Anonymous said...

o my gosh!!!! I can finally see her little angel face again. what a difference from monday. What a great day!! We love you all. Take care.

Love Chelsie

{dawn} said...

She is so pretty! Looks like the swelling is all gone! What cute lips they are :) So happy to read the blog every day (like 100x a day!) and see how much progress she is making. What a strong lil' lady! :) How exciting for you both!

Kendra said...

Wow! Kiari is making great improvements. She looks like her beautiful self again. You all are in our thoughts and prayer. Pace and Liz you are a great example to the blessings we receive if we will endure.
Love and Prayer
Gino Kendra and Family

Anonymous said...

OMG...How exciting!!! She is such a little fighter, and her eye looks so much better! She is such a little doll face!!! I am so happy for you guys that yer princess is doing so well! She really has came such a long way! Still wishing and praying!!!

xoxo
Terrin & Sadee

Kristy Wilkey said...

WOW! She looks great! The swelling has really gone down and she is starting to look like Kairi again! Shelby is keeping close track of her progress and keeps asking me if she is awake yet. Hopefully soon I will be able to tell her that she is awake and doing well. Our continued prayers are with all three of you.
Kristy

Jenna Lee said...

She looks so good!!! She is so strong!!! Keep your heads up and keep the faith. We love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What a great and wonderful step! Kiari is such a strong girl. She is touching sooo many lives for being such a little girl. BIG in spirit is she!! And so are you two. Even though my emotions get to me every time I check in, I still continue to do so time and time again each day. It is actually a pleasure to get on and take your words and thoughts to heart. You lift me up!! I gain so much from you guys, my faith and my testimony is definitely being strengthened through yours. Thank you so much!! Keep up the great work!Love and kisses,
Traci, Kam and family

Kendra said...

You don't know me, but I have been following Kiari's progress on your blog for several days (one of my husband's cousins is from Mesquite and she posted about you guys needing prayers). I am touched by the amount of faith that you have in our Heavenly Father. You are such strong, wonderful people. Kiari is in my prayers. I am so happy to see her progressing. Thank you for sharing, my testimony has been strengthened because of it!

Brandon and Brittany said...

I am seriously sitting here at work ready to scream with happiness! She looks amazing! It is so nice to see her without the venitlator! What cute little lips she has! She is amazing! We love you both tons! Still praying!

Brandon, Brittany & Dylan

Unknown said...

ohhhh, she looks so great! We will continue to pray for her progress! Our hopes are high!
Artie & Angela Shaner

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!
She looks like my best friend again!
Will someone please come pick me up cuz i wanna be there with you!!!
I Love you Guys!
-Naenae

lorraine N dale said...

So excited to read the blog this morning & see the pictures & know of ALL the blessings! She looks so beautiful!
Can't wait for her to open both of those eyes & see her mommy & daddy!
Love you all so much!
Happy for you & still sending prayers your way & internet HUGS!!
XXOOXOXO
love ya, lorraine

Anonymous said...

What a testimony and a witness to the power of prayer, faith , trust, and LOVE!!!And just think, there will be so much more of that to come!!!!I just returned from the Temple, and as I do every day, several times a day, I peeked at your blog...I wanted you to know that I was so, so inspired during the prayer circle, ( I had just submitted all of your names AGAIN) , that there was no way..absolutely no way, that Heavenly Father isn't surrounding you with his greatest blessing !!! He loves you all!!!! Sooo much !!! So very very much!!! We will continue to send prayers upward on your behalf..because it works!!!! Love ya all, Cuzzin Bonnie

George and Joanna said...

Just another person who doesn't know you, but have been following your story for days. My sister lives in Mesquite and told us. We are SOOO glad to hear she is doing so well and looking so much better. With thousands of prayers going out every day for you and your family surely Heavenly Father will continue to bless you. Keep the faith and know many are being blessed by having the opportunity to pray in your behalf and getting to know your little family!

Jamie W said...

You don't know me, but I live in Mesquite and have been following your blog every day. Our family keeps you in our prayers. I just wanted to let you know that Kairi looks great and that you have another supporter out here praying for you. Primary Children's Hospital is wonderful - I have several first hand experiences that testify of that. I'm glad your nurses and doctors are so good and I pray that all continues to go well.

Jamie & Ty Wakefield family

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

She is looking so good! Keep the faith and we're all praying for you.

Dave West said...

Wow, those pictures look great. I can't believe the improvement since we saw you guys Saturday. I hope you get to talk to her soon.

Anonymous said...

Looks good guys! Thanks for including us on YOUR journey. Keep the ol' chins up - use a neck brace like Kairi's if you need to!

God be with you 'till we meet again! We're wanting it to be sooner rather than later, but we'll take what we can get, right?

We love you,
Teala and Ron

Oh yeah - almost forgot - might have missed a post along the way, but, why is she wearing the neck brace?

Anonymous said...

What a princess! Dave called me at work and told me to get online an check on Kiari, he said she looked amazing...and she does. Her eye looks great, and her HAIR! It's coming in so fast. She is such a strong little spirit. Pace and Liz, you amaze me with your strength and testimony. Thanks for letting us be a part of your life.

The Beaumonts said...

We (like everyone else) have been checking your blog several times a day for over a week. And praying all the while. Just stating and repeating the obvious...You are so blessed. Thank-you for your amazing example. We are so impressed with your attitudes and testimony through this whole ordeal.
We are so very happy for you and your sweet baby. We are excited to see her doing so much better.
May Heavenly Father continue to bless you,
Bryan and Julie Beaumont Family

Anonymous said...

I know you don't know us, but we live in Okinawa Japan, I follow your story everyday now along with some of my family in the states that we asked to pray for you and your family. Such a remarkable blessing your daughter is improving and healing and surrounded by such loving family members and community! We pray ever morning and night for your families strength and healing!
The Hinkhouse Family

The Martinsen Family said...

We will keep praying that she will wake up and continue progressing. She looks really good and her hair is already growing back. She has more than Taiz and her hair has been growing for almost 9 months now. How awesome is that. She is a pretty little girl and we love her and you a lot. I love reading your testimony and to hear how much your faith has increased from this. We love you and we will keep praying for you.
Ben, Jenn and Taiz Martinsen

Shereen Peterson said...

well, well, well, what a beautiful little face, and yes, her lips are just kissable. Many prayers answered. The jars are in the salons and already were making good progress. Its wonderful to live in a small community were people care about each other. Its been great to see the response even if they don't know you. It restores your faith in people. I think Prayers have alot to do with behaviors. do you ???

stephanie said...

She looks wonderful! I can't believe how much the swelling has gone down - amazing! Brooklin is always asking to see the pics of Kairi and she explains how she has an owie on her head. It touches my heart that she is so concerned. We love you guys and keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

Greg and Mel said...

wow!! That is fabulous! She is looking SO great! Glad to see she is improving!! Faith is so powerful! we love you guys!
greg and mel