First this has nothing to do with Kairi. Someone has the idea that we as Latter-Day Saints do not accept Jesus Christ as our savior. So I want to say this in response to be able to clarify a couple things about our church. I am in no way preaching or trying to convert this is what I feel in my heart.
We are, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
We believe in God the eternal Father, In his son Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
Those are a couple Articles of Faith. If you want more information go to mormon.org
I am a firm believer in our religion. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know that through the Atonement we will be able to live with him again. I know that our Heavenly Father sent his only begotten son down to this earth to live his perfect life take the sins of the world upon him and die on the cross. I know that he will come again. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the only true prophet of God on this earth today. I know that the Bible is the word of God as long as it is translated correctly. I also know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that the blessings of the temple are true. I know that if we try our hardest and have faith in God. Anything is possible. I Say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Yes I cut it short because I don't want to preach. I just want everyone to know that we as LDS people are christian's too. We believe in Jesus Christ. The comment was made to try and get me to join a different church and to pray to God to say that I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior. WHY?!? I already do and he knows that. I just think its bogus that there are people out there thinking that we don't believe in Jesus Christ. Its in the name of our church. Why wouldn't we? I hope this doesn't offend anyone and im sorry if it did.
I Love the lord and all his blessings he has given me and my Family. I appreciate the support and love that everyone has given me. LDS or not if you pray for my daughter it helps. No Matter what language, Manner, or Style you do it in. Thank you all for your comments and concern. I Love You all.
-Pace
8 comments:
Thank you for your awesome testimony! I am often baffled by those who question me for the same reason! I am so SO super happy about her great progress! I am one of those who "lurks" and probably over posts, but I think of you all so much. I cry with you, and I rejoice with you! She is such a sweet girl! With such a sweet family :)
I am so happy that your daughter is recovering! I can't believe that someone would question your faith especially at a time like this! SAD,SAD,SAD! My husband and I are Lutheran and said a prayer for your family everyday since we have learned about this! I think you said it best in your post! "No Matter what language, Manner, or Style you do it in!" I agree 100%, from a parent to parent if it helps your baby the more the better! I wish your family the best!
The Hinkhouse's
I enjoyed your testimony,You are a strong member any one can see that I it great to see your unwavering faith. It could be so easy for you to point blame, and say why us. I enjoy reading the things you have to talk about and hope you and our family the best. Keep the Faith and Stay Strong.
-Travis
Liz & Pace, It's so amazing what people will do. I hope they had good intentions. Since I am a member of the same church you are I know what non-members think; but I also KNOW what you KNOW. You did a great job at writing your testimony for those who need it.
Though there may not be too many changes in your sweet little daughters condition please make sure that one of you takes the time to post each day. Most of us are checking the blog for updates on her, no matter how insignificant.
Hang in there,
Sheryl (Mission Viejo, CA)
Another "do-gooder" sent from Satan himself to shake your faith. Little do they know!
I am not a member of the LDS, but it would seem to me from the out poor of support that not one specific faith has played a role in the progress of Kairi's healings, but the compassion and love of all human beings and all faiths that have come together to offer prayer and words of comfort and motivation that has helped bless Kairi and her family in this time of need. Please keep up the prayers and faith as I know Kairi is....
I love my Utah family, God Bless
Aunt Becky
I just love that someone took the time in all this 'visual of faith' to try to rock your boat. I had a friend in school that spent all his free time trying to disprove the Mormon faith. MANY make anti-Mormonism their religion. I actually love it. It has always reaffirmed the truthfulness of the gospel. Of course Satan would attack the true church of Christ with all his mite. If these people would but all that energy into something good, no matter what religion, they would be making the Lord happy. So who do you think is prompting one to attack another's faith? Bring it on uncle Screwtape!
Pace and Liz and all my loved ones that are LDS. I can't belive someone at this time would use this time to try and undermine your faith in Jesus Christ.All who have prayed for my beautiful great granddaughter thank you so much.All faiths are praying for Kairi and that is what matters Pace I'm so very proud of you you said it all lots of love Grandma gigi
Post a Comment