Saturday, August 2, 2008

Less Sedation More Action

I was just down checking on Kairi. They said they are planning on taking her totally off her sedatives this afternoon! Yay she might be waking up this evening. Her sedatives were reduced again this morning and she started seizing a little bit. They gave her more Seizure Medicine and she calmed down. She is resting well and doing really good. We are loving being able to see her move around. We are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Its slowly growing bigger. We don't want to rush her getting better. Her body is fighting to regain control of herself. She is adjusting how they want her to. They plan on giving her lungs their spontaneous trials where she breathes on her own. After they think she is capable of breathing on her own well. They will remove her breathing tube. We are trying to stay strong. And remaining very optimistic. We love you all and thank you so much for your prayers and faith. If you do something good it warms your heart. So make your heart burn and do something great.

Lotsa Love,
Pace

7 comments:

Teresa Woods said...

Pace and Liz, They say that the Lord will not send us any trial that we are not strong enough to handle. You must be very strong. I think of you constantly and pray that you remain strong. There are plenty of people with shoulders strong enough for you to lean on. Tell your mom and dad I love them and pray for miracles for your daughter Love ya Teresa

Kristy Wilkey said...

What wonderful news to hear that Kairi is starting to do more on her own! I know that it is hard to watch her go through what she is going through. Soon she will wake up and you will see her beautiful eyes and hear her voice. How wonderful that will be for you! Give her our love and remember to love, support and take care of each other for Kairi's sake. She will need her parents to be strong and ready for what lies ahead when she awakes. We are always here for you and are thinking about you, praying for you and watching your blog several times a day. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date and for being so willing to share this difficult experience with everyone! We love you all-
Kristy, Jared, Shelby & Shaye

Anonymous said...

I am so greatful that you are growing closer while enduring this challenge in you lives. Rely on eachother and the Lord, I have full faith that you will all pull though this together. Remember that you have many family and friends that love you, so don't hesitate to ask for help at any time. We are here!!!!

Love Chelsie

Anonymous said...

Pace & Liz,

It is soo great to hear that she is adjusting how they want her to! She is such a strong little princess! I admire the faith that you guys have, it has helped my testimony to grow, to see how strong you guys are. I am keeping kairi in my prayers and thoughts every day. Sirena's girls love her so much, evey time they say the blessing they always include kairi and ask our Heavenly Father to help her to feel better! I love you so much.

Kelsi Lynn Abbott

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know we love you and are praying so much for you guys. give my little kai-kai a kiss for me and let her know i can't wait to see her!!! let us know if there is anything we can do!!! LOVE YA TONS. Omar & Reina

Anonymous said...

Pace & Liz,
Hang in there. Weaning off meds, especially sedation and parlytics, can seem to take forever. We used to count down the med pumps as they were turned off one by one. Each one a victory and that much closer to goign home. Sometimes it seems as though the roller coaster is never ending, but you'll all get there. Kairi is such a strong girl. Everyone says that God won't give you more than you can handle, I guess only he knows how much that truly is. Keep the faith and stay strong.

Anonymous said...

Pace, Liz, Laren, Elaine and whole family: I just read about your precious Kairi today in the paper. I have put out the word to all the "Bowler" cousins and to all the Abbott cousins in Northern Utah , asking that we all include her and your family in our prayers. I also have put your names in several temples..even if they are already there...it doesn't matter, the more the better, I say!!! Stay strong, Trust in the Lord, and all will be well !!! We will be thinking of you and praying for you all!!!
love ya alkl, Cuz Bonnie