Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday Morning...

So this morning when we got here at about 7:45, I noticed Kairi was soaking wet. So the nurse and I changed everything on her bed and her "hospital pants" and got a new gown on. Then the I.V. Team came in and talked to us about putting a PICC line in Kairi while she was getting the drain put in. We signed the consent form for that, and then the Rehab doctor came in and decided that Kairi needed Botox injections put into her legs because her ankles are losing their range of motion. So we signed the consent form for that also.

I really hope this drain that is being put in will help Kairi wake up more. This morning she was doing her left arm circles and ended up grabbing her nose and holding onto it for about a minute. I was very excited to see that.

So now Pace, my dad and I are all sitting in Kairi's room waiting for the procedures to be done.

I will update you when we get information.

Thanks for all the love and support you are all giving us.

Love,
Liz

3 comments:

Katie said...

Just thinking of you all. You are in our prayers. Good luck with all that is going on today. We will look forward to updates!

The Youngs

Fire -n- Ice said...

We hope she makes it through everything today with flying colors. That's a lot to have done in one day, but she'll do great! Her grabbing her nose makes me wonder if it itched, but all she could do was hold on to it.?! She is so cute! You guys keep up the awesome work you are doing. We sure love you and pray that everything will continue to go well. The Lord loves you.. don't forget that!

Marcus and McKenzie said...

I hope she wakes uptoo so we can see her pretty eyes this weekend. 2 more days!