This morning when we got here Kairi was sitting on her bed watching a movie. I turned it off and helped her get dressed for the day. When I was done I asked her who was sitting on the couch pointing to Pace. Kairi would look at him, he would look at her, then she would turn her head the other way. This happened for a few minutes. I asked her again who was sitting on the couch. And she said "You try this". Pace then said "if you are talking about getting hurt like you did, I don't want to try it. You are much better at it than I would be." She is such a strong girl.
Today in morning therapies Kairi walked half way to the rehab gym and got to wear her pretty orange removable cast. She didn't mind it too much. It sure did get her to use her right hand more. I think that if she can get more control of that right hand she would use it like she does her left hand.
Then Neal the OT had Kairi trying to sit up by herself. She did not like that one bit and screamed the whole time. Then Lindsey the PT student got Kairi to calm down and then Kairi said "Neal you're fired" with her arms folded. She is so funny.
When the doctors were talking to us about remove part of her brain they said that she probably wouldn't have very much of a personality if any. Well she definitely has a personality and it is just like it was before the accident.
In PT Lindsey had Kairi walk around the gym once then she walked me without any support, then to Pace, then back to Lindsey. Then they had her trying to sit up on her own again. And once again she screamed the whole time. After a few times of her sitting up she walked to me again, and then finally to her wheelchair.
We got back to her room and she was too tired even talk. Pace took her out of her chair and rocked her until she fell asleep.
We are thinking that we might possibly be able to go home next weekend, but they haven't said for sure when we are going home.
Pace is leaving to go back home today. It still makes me sad when he leaves, but he has to go back.
Thank you all for your concern and prayers for our beautiful little girl. She is doing awesome.
Love,
Liz, Pace & Kairi
4 comments:
Lol. She is so cute! I can't wait to see you guys!
I just stumbled onto this blog. I am so sorry yet so humbled by your daughter. What a sacrifice and blessing it has been for your sweet family. I will be keeping you in my prayers that your precious K. Wow just wow what a remarkable family you have,
Darci Clark in St, George.
Love hearing the accomplishments every day!
You certainly have a special family and are loved by so many.
Gayla
Hi Liz well another great day for Kairi, and yes that sounds like the old Kairi, I just laughed about Your fired Neal!! She has been a tropper and needs to rest, love you kids all love Grandma (Gigi)
Post a Comment