Tuesday, September 9, 2008

How much longer in the hospital???!!!

So this afternoon our favorite nurse Jenny, who is on the rehab team, came to talk to us. Either on Thursday or Friday Kairi will be put on the REHAB services!!!!!! And then here for another 3-5 weeks. I was so surprised. I thought we would be here for at least 2-3 months. I was planning on how I was going to decorate Kairi's room for Halloween. But now we won't have to. I am so excited to be able to go home. I never would think I would be wanting to go back home to Mesquite but I really do. Just so we can start an actual routine and get Kairi into the Early Childhood Education program at the elementary school.

Then my mom, Kairi and I went down to the Angel Garden to feed the birds with a piece of bread. Kairi proceeded to rip a piece off and stick it in her mouth. I quickly pulled it out of her mouth because I was too scared that she might choke on it because she hasn't eaten anything for 6 weeks. So I am hoping that Speech will try to start getting her to taste things that are room temperature instead of ice cream and popsicles.

Thanks for all the support and prayers.

Love,
Liz & Kairi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are SO EXCITED to get you two back home. Kiari is such a little trooper. We know that she will continue to improve and make great strides every day. She couldn't do it with out your love and support and all the prayers that everyone offers for her each day. Keep up the good work.

G&G A

{dawn} said...

That is so cute! I know when we go to feed the birds I love the rolled up bread! YUM! Hopefully she can get the hang of it, and be eating bread in no time :) Sounds like she is trying so hard to get all those little things back.

Michelle said...

That is so awesome that she is at least trying to feed herself!